With the popularity of smart phones, we are able to handle all our tasks smartly with our phone. We used to save our contact details one by one and when we changed the phone, the biggest problem we had was manually copying our contact. But with the advent of smart phones, we now save our contacts and other data on Gmail, with the help of which we can access our contacts and data through any device at any time through Gmail.
Now we don’t even have to worry about our data, whether our device is damaged or lost, all our data and contacts are saved in Gmail. Today in this post we will tell you how to transfer your contacts from one Gmail account to another Gmail account.
How to transfer contacts from one Gmail account to another
To transfer contacts from your one Gmail account to another Gmail account, you must first have a working internet connection with your login details.
There are two ways to transfer contacts from one Gmail account to another Gmail account. You can choose any of these.
Method 1: Using PC or MAC
Step 1: Go to ‘contacts.google.com’ on your PC.
Step 2: Now click on the ‘More’ option.
Step 3: Now select the ‘Export’ option from the drop down menu.
Step 4: Now select all the contacts you want to transfer or export in Google CSV file format.
Step 5: Click the Export button to select the location on your phone where you want to store the CSV file.
After exporting, log out of your Source Gmail account and login to the new Gmail account to import your contacts. After entering the new account, select the Import option instead of Export. Selecting the CSV file and clicking on the Import option. It will import all your contacts to the new account.
Method 2. Using Android Phone
- Open the Google Contacts app on your phone. If you do not have the Google Contacts app on your phone, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
- Click on the Menu button.
- Scroll down and select the Export option.
- Now you can delete old contacts and add new ones.
- After copying the contacts, go back to the contact app.
- Tap on Menu button.
- Select the Import button from the Import / Export section.
- Now click on ‘Import from the storage’ and select Google in the popup.
Make sure you also check our other informative articles.