Sometimes we have more than one or two copies of a single contact in our phone. This is often the case when we factory reset our phone, contacts sync, or change SIM. Duplicate contacts mismanage our contacts and we have trouble finding numbers. If this happens to you, you can remove your duplicate contact by following our instructions.
How to remove duplicate contacts in Android
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts in Android
Followings are the methods that You can use to remove or merge duplicate contacts from Your phone.
Method 1: Using Phone Contacts
Most Android phones come with built-in contacts merging feature. The phone scans all contacts and deletes duplicate contacts with the same number and email address.
- Go to contacts and tap on menu.
- Now tap on merge contacts.
- Now click on duplicates.
- Now click on merge all.
This method will merge all your duplicate contacts
Method 2: Using Gmail
If you want to backup your data, you need to enable Gmail contact syncing on your phone. This is an Android built-in feature that syncs all your contacts from your phone to Gmail. If this is enabled you can delete all duplicate contacts from your Android phone.
- Open your Gmail account.
- Click on Gmail.
- Select “Contacts” from the drop-down menu.
- Now your contact page will open.
- All duplicate contacts will be displayed at the top of the screen. You can merge duplicate contacts by clicking on the Mirror All option.
- After a while you will see that all the duplicate contacts will be merged. If you want to keep a duplicate of a contact, you can uncheck that contact.
Method 3: Using Dedicated App
There are many apps that can help you manage your Android contacts, and Merge Duplicate contacts. All you have to do is launch the app and the app will scan your phone contacts, and compile a list of duplicate matches. Then review your contacts and select the contacts you want to merge into the duplicate match.
Make sure you also check our other informative articles.